Man Boobs: What They Are And How To Hide Them
If you’re here reading this article, then you’ve got man boobs and you’re wondering what you can do about it. Well luckily for you we’re here to help. Maybe you have man boobs and you’re looking to get rid of them, you have tried and failed to make your man boobs go away, or maybe you’re happy with your body but you’re still just looking for a way to make your man boobs look a little less noticeable. Whatever your reasoning for being here, we’ve got the information and tips and tricks to help you. In this article we’re going to talk about what exactly man boobs are, the cause of them, and some ways to get rid of them. And, of course, how to dress so that they aren’t the focal point of all your outfits.
So What Exactly Are Man Boobs?
So let’s talk about what man boobs actually are. Man boobs is actually just the layman’s term for the medical condition Gynaecomastia. Gynaecomastia is a term that refers to any abnormal breast development in men. This can refer to anything from larger male breasts (“man boobs”) to benign growths in the breast tissue that results in a lump of lumps. It is a common condition many men face in the world and usually is not cause for concern. Gynaecomastia refers to benign (meaning non cancerous or cause for concern) growths in the male breast tissue, but it doesn’t mean it isn’t unfavorable among men. Man boobs can have effects on a man’s self esteem and confidence, and can be a nuisance to deal with.
What Causes Man Boobs In The First Place?
There are several things and conditions that can cause a man to have man boobs, ranging from mild ones to more severe conditions. There are some serious underlying conditions that can cause man boobs, but having man boobs is a common problem and is usually not cause for concern and does not signal an underlying condition to worry about. Here is a short list of some of the possible factors that can contribute to Gynaecomastia in men:
- Low testosterone
- Low testosterone can be caused by an underlying condition so if you notice your man boobs enlarging despite your efforts to get rid of them, scheduling an appointment with your general care provider is a good idea.
- Certain medications can cause or affect Gynaecomastia
- Medications that affect estrogen or testosterone levels can be linked to the cause of or changing of man boobs
- In this instance, the problem causing your man boobs isn’t Gynaecomastia at all (the overgrowth of male breast tissue). Rather, your man boobs can be caused by other instances such as obesity and bad eating habits, resulting in excess fat in the breast tissue and creating man boobs.
- As you age your testosterone levels may decrease, resulting in Gynaecomastia
- Use of steroids
Who Is At Risk For Gynaecomastia (Man Boobs)?
As discussed above, Gynaecomastia can have many different causes, some severe and some mild. But who exactly is at risk for developing man boobs? Well, the short and easy answer is pretty much every man. Gynaecomastia is a common condition in men and any man can develop it no matter how far along in life they are. However, men who are overweight or aging are at a slightly higher risk.
How Do You Get Rid Of Your Stubborn Man Boobs?
There is no one cure that can get rid of man boobs for good. Getting your man boobs to go away for good or reducing the look of them depends solely on the person. Everyone’s body reacts differently so finding the method that works for you might be more of a trial and error process rather than a one and done deal. But, if you’re interested in getting rid of your man boobs there are a few things that can help:
- Exercise can help reduce the look of man boobs over time by getting rid of fat in the breast tissue
- Vaser Liposuction
- If your man boobs are caused by excess fat in your breast tissue then the minimally invasive treatment of vaser lipo is a great way to target that area and get rid of that stubborn fat for good.
- Changing medication
- Talking to your primary care provider about other options
What You Can Do Right Now
Getting rid of your man boobs for good can take time. While you’re figuring out the cause of your man boobs so that you can discover how to get rid of them, you might be looking for ways to hide them in the meantime. Man boobs can contribute to low self esteem and confidence, so if you’re looking for a way to hide them until you can get rid of them for good, check out these tips:
- Nipple covers
- If Gynaecomastia causes your nipples to be swollen and more noticeable under a shirt, nipple covers are a great accessory to help overcome this.
- Compression shirts
- Compression shirts worn alone or under your daily wear shirts can help hide the appearance of man boobs. While it won’t make them go away, it can reduce the look of them.
- Specialized t-shirts
- While compression shirts can be worn on their own you might not feel comfortable doing so. Specialized t-shirts are t-shirts made specifically to hide or reduce the appearance of man boobs and are made to be worn by themselves.
- Layering your clothes
- Wearing layered looks can help hide man boobs or minimize the look of them
- Blazers and coats
- A blazer or a jacket can also be worn to hide the look of man boobs
- Layering a jacket or blazer on top of your outfit can hide the look of man boobs
- Chest compression garments
What To Do Moving Forward
Regardless of how you feel about your man boobs, it is important to understand the cause of them. While Gynaecomastia is a common condition and usually doesn’t indicate an underlying condition or problem, it is still important to get checked out whenever you notice any changes or developments in your body. If you are unsure what the cause of your man boobs is or you want advice on the healthiest and safest way for you to get rid of them, making an appointment with your primary care provider is a great place to start. And in the meantime you can use our tips and tricks to hide your man boobs if you’re having trouble keeping confidence while you figure out what’s causing them and the best way to get rid of them.